If you’re looking to buy a boat you may be inclined to visit a boat show to find out more about your options and to make sure that you’re getting the best possible price. But is that really where you want to go to get a good price? Or are you likely to pay more by going to a boat show? We’re going to take a look at some of the things you need to know.
What is the Best Boat Show?
If you’re looking for a boat show in the US then the ones that you want to consider are the ones on this list, they will give you the most variety and definitely the best options when it comes to getting what you’re looking for or at least checking them out so you can find a great one later.
List of best USA boat shows:
· Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show – Advertised as the best boat show on the seven seas, this show is held in the fall each year and offers some of the largest boats and yachts available. Not to mention plenty of accessories and even designers and yacht builders.
· Atlanta Boat Show – The Atlanta boat show offers not just boats but plenty of activities and even things like family days, career days, and boating education. Not only that but there are plenty of different boats available to check out.
· Miami International Boat Show – The Miami International show is actually combining with the Yacht and Superyacht show, which means there’s going to be not only standard boats but some of the largest yachts you’re going to find anywhere as well, creating what they’re calling South Florida’s preeminent winter boat show.
· Seattle Boat Show – With the Seattle boat show you’ll find exhibits, amazing boats, seminars, and a whole lot more so you can not only find the next boat that you want but find out a whole lot more about them as well.
· Newport International Boat Show – Billed as one of the largest and most prestigious boats shows in the entire country, this one takes up approximately thirteen acres. It also shows off plenty of great sailboats and powerboats as well as marina products, services, courses, seminars, and more.
· Mid-America Boat Show – Ohio’s largest and oldest boat show also features an addition for those who are into fishing. This sports show has definitely evolved and there are plenty of presentations and events throughout the show.
What is the Biggest Boat Show in the World?
The biggest boat show in the world is the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show. You’ll find far more boats than you could possibly look at in a day as well as all of the exhibits, plenty of seminars, and a whole lot more. It’s designed to help those who love boats find out everything that they ended to know.
Is It Cheaper to Buy a Boat at a Boat Show?
Boat shows are great opportunities to view the best of the boat manufacturers’ features. Since they usually only show new vessels you’re not expecting to buy a boat that doesn’t lose value. While there will be show-only specials that manufacturers will run that usually include very special features you can’t get at a base dealership without a special order.
If you’re looking for an older model of a boat or you’re looking for a very basic version of a newer boat this may not be the best way to get that kind of boat. In fact, if you do find it these are not the type of boats that will have as many specials because this is the time that manufacturers are really trying to get people interested in their newest boats and the biggest and baddest options available.
Are Boat Shows the Best Time to Buy?
That depends on what you’re looking for. If you’re looking for a base model boat with few features it will likely not be a great time. But if you like one that is on the floor or you want some special add ons it could be a great time to dive in.
Take a look at what’s out there and what’s being offered at the show. And make sure you look at multiple exhibits before you decide to buy because there are plenty of different manufacturers and dealers there. You may find a great deal on a boat only to find something even better with a different dealer. So don’t jump on the first one that you see.
How Much Does It Cost to Go to the Boat Show?
This will depend on the size of your boat show. Smaller shows, usually in smaller markets or run by dealer conglomerates, may offer free tickets. Meanwhile larger shows may cost upwards of $100 especially if they have luxury offerings.
Because of this, a lot of people will attend a boat show. In fact, you’ll find a lot of people who are in the market for a new boat, but you’ll also find a lot of people who aren’t interested in buying but just want something fun to do. If you’re looking to buy a boat you’ll need to work around the people who are just browsing, but it can be a fun experience for everyone involved and you can learn a lot while you’re there.
Boat shows are a great place to go if you’re looking to learn more about boats. Whether you’re ready to buy right now or you’re still looking at all of the options, you’re going to find out a great deal, get to talk to some people who have plenty of knowledge and even check out some seminars and courses to make you a better boat owner. Even if you don’t currently own a boat you can find out a lot from this process and have a great time doing it.