The weight of Honda outboard motors starts at 29 pounds and climbs up to 632 pounds. To be more precise, the dry weights within each category are as follows:
- Portable (2-25 HP): 29-115 pounds
- Midrange (30-100 HP): 155-365 pounds
- High-performance (115-250 HP): 480-632 pounds
If you want to find out more about the average weight of Honda outboards, this post is for you.
We at PowerSportsGuide have compiled all you need to know under one roof!
How Much Do Honda Outboard Motors Weigh?
How Much Does a 2.3 HP Honda Outboard Weigh?
The lightest Honda outboard motor is arguably the portable Honda BF2.3 with a dry weight of 29.5-31 pounds.
Available models in this breed include:
- Honda BF2.3 S-Type: 29.5 lbs (13 kg)
- Honda BF2.3 L-Type: 31 lbs (14 kg)
To keep its weight low, Honda designed this tiny 57cc, 4-stroke motor with simple features including single-cylinder architecture, forced air cooling, and an oil slinger system.
It also houses a built-in fuel tank with a capacity of 0.29 US gallons (1.1L).
How Much Does a 5 HP Honda Outboard Weigh?
The dry weight of 5 HP Honda outboards varies between 60-61 pounds.
These units utilize a larger, 4-stroke, 127cc, OHV, water-cooled, single engine, featuring a 0.39 gallon (1.5L) fuel tank.
- Honda BF5 S-Type: 60 lbs (27 kg)
- Honda BF5 L-Type: 60.6 lbs (27.5 kg)
How Much Does an 8 HP Honda Outboard Weigh?
You can expect the dry weight of an 8 HP Honda outboard to be 92-107 pounds. These models are de-tuned configurations of 9.9 HP Honda outboards.
The dry weights of Honda BF8 motors are as follows:
- Honda BF8 S-Type: 92 lbs. (42 kg)
- Honda BF8 L-Type: 98 lbs. (44 kg)
- Honda BF8 X-Type: 107 lbs. (48 kg)
How Much Does a 9.9 HP Honda Outboard Weigh?
The dry weight of a Honda BF9.9 outboard motor falls into the ballpark of 92-107 pounds.
These portable outboard motors are powered by a 222cc, SOHC, 2-cylinder engine rated at 9.9 HP.
- Honda BF9.9 S-Type: 92 lbs. (42 kg)
- Honda B9.9 L-Type: 98 lbs. (44 kg)
- Honda B9.9 X-Type: 107 lbs. (48 kg)
This means the dry weight of BF8 and BF9.9 outboards are the same. This is no surprise since these models share the same engine and features.
How Much Does a 15-20 HP Honda Outboard Weigh?
15-20 HP Honda outboards weigh anywhere from 104-115 pounds.
These units are powered by the same 4-stroke, 350cc, 4-valve, SOHC, 2-cylinder engine.
Due to having the same power source and features, the dry weight of the BF15 and BF20 families are basically identical:
- Honda BF15/BF20 S-Type: 104 lbs. (47 kg)
- Honda BF15/BF20 L-Type: 110 lbs. (50 kg)
- Honda BF15/BF20 X-Type: 115 lbs. (52 kg)
How Much Does a 25-30 HP Honda Outboard Weigh?
The smallest midrange Honda outboard motors are the BF25 and BF30, which weigh around 155-160 pounds.
These units are engineered with the same 552cc, SOHC, triple-cylinder engine.
- Honda BF25/BF30 S-Type: 155 lbs. (70.5 kg)
- Honda BF25/BF30 L-Type: 160 lbs. (72.5 kg)
How Much Does a 40-50 HP Honda Outboard Weigh?
Honda BF40 and BF50 motors are identical, except that the performance of the BF40 is restricted to 40 HP.
The power source of these motors is the same 4-stroke, 808cc, SOHC, triple engine.
Thanks to having the same engine and features, the dry weight of Honda 40/50 HP outboards is the same:
- Honda BF40/BF50 S-Type: 214 lbs. (97 kg)
- Honda BF50 L-Type: 223 lbs. (101 kg)
- Honda BF40 L-Type: NA.
How Much Does a 60 HP Honda Outboard Weigh?
You can expect the dry weight of a 60 HP Honda outboard to be from 239-270 pounds.
This is the only family that is designed with the 4-stroke, 998cc, SOHC, 12-valve, 3-cylinder engine option.
Besides the standard BF60, Honda markets the BFP60 “power thrust” configuration designed for larger and heavier boats. It has a unique gear case, a larger prop, and the Easy Dock Steering system.
Available 60 HP Honda outboard models:
- Honda BFP60 L-Type: 256 lbs. (116 kg)
- Honda BFP60 X-Type: 270 lbs. (123 kg)
- Honda BF60 L-Type: 239 lbs. (108 kg)
- Honda BF60 X-Type: NA
How Much Does a 75-100 HP Honda Outboard Weigh?
Interestingly, the entire 75-100 HP Honda outboard line houses the same 4-stroke, 1496cc, SOHC, 4-cylinder power mill.
Because of this, the dry weight of this line is basically the same, 359-365 pounds.
- Honda BF75/BF90/BF100 L-Type: 359 lbs. (163 kg)
- Honda BF90/BF100 L-Type: 365 lbs. (166 kg)
How Much Does a 115-150 HP Honda Outboard Weigh?
You can expect the dry weight of 115/140/150 HP Honda outboards to be from 480-493 pounds.
Each of these motors enjoys a more advanced, 4-stroke, 2354cc, DOHC, 16-valve, 4-cylinder engine.
- Honda BF115/BF140/BF150 L-Type (mech): 480 lbs. (218 kg)
- Honda BF115/BF140/BF150 L-Type (iST): 487 lbs. (221 kg)
- Honda BF115/BF140/BF150 X-Type (mech): 487 lbs. (221 kg)
- Honda BF115/BF140/BF150 X-Type (iST): 493 lbs. (224 kg)
How Much Does a 200-250 HP Honda Outboard Weigh?
You can find the largest engine in the 200-250 HP Honda outboards.
This 4-stroke, 3583cc, SOHC, V6 powerhouse adds significant weight to these motors, so their dry weight skyrockets to 609-632 pounds.
- Honda BF200/BF225/BF250 L-Type: 609 lbs. (276 kg)
- Honda BF200/BF225/BF250 X-Type: 622 lbs. (282 kg)
- Honda BF225/BF250 XX-Type: 632 lbs. (286 kg)
How Much Does a Honda Jet Outboard Weigh?
Due to their special propulsion system and larger displacements, Honda jet outboards are significantly heavier than regular models. The dry weights in this class start at 268 pounds.
The three available models and their dry weight in this class are as follows:
- Honda BF40JET: 268 lbs. (122 kg)
- Honda BF65JET: 373 lbs. (168 kg)
- Honda BF105JET: TBD
Honda Outboard Weight Chart
For your convenience, we’ve compiled the available specifications into one Honda Outboard Weight Chart:
Disclaimer: This chart is for informational purposes only! For more information, please check the manufacturer’s website.
Takeaway – FAQs About Honda Outboard Weights
As a takeaway, we’ve answered the most common questions on the topic.
How Much Does a Honda Outboard Motor Weigh?
A Honda outboard motor can weigh anywhere from 29 to 632 pounds.
The dry weight of these motors varies widely depending on their engine displacement, number of cylinders, shaft length, steering system, and other features.
The weight of the portable Honda outboard motors varies between 29 and 115 pounds, while their high-performance brothers weigh anywhere from 480-632 pounds.
Between these two worlds, you can find midrange Honda outboards with a dry weight of 255-365 pounds.
How Much does the Lightest Honda Outboard Weigh?
The lightest Honda outboard motor right now is the portable BF2.3.
This unit features a 57cc, 2.3 HP, single-cylinder engine which only weighs 29.5-31 pounds.
Which Honda Outboard is the Heaviest?
The heaviest Honda outboard motors are the BF200/BF225/BF300 series with a massive dry weight of 609-632 pounds.